Policy of Integrated Management System comprising Quality & Environment, Occupational Health & Safety, Information Security and Corporate Risk management systems
On account of the transition to the operational phase of the project, the Management Board of PLNG established and adopted for implementation the updated Integrated Policy on Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety, Information Security and Corporate Risk Management Systems.
The main objective of Polskie LNG S.A. is the safe and reliable operation of liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Świnoujście, which contributes to improvement of Poland’s energy security, and subsequently its optimum utilization.
Polskie LNG S.A.’s objectives comprise the following:
- maintaining appropriate levels of operability and functional reliability of technical infrastructure necessary for the operation of the LNG Terminal;
- market monitoring and responding to client’s needs and inquiries of other stakeholders;
- developing a competitive package of LNG regasification and reloading services;
- continued improvement of service quality;
- monitoring and eliminating potential hazards in work environment;
- improvement of work conditions in terms of safety;
- identifying and determining the scope of obligations of PLNG personnel in case of a breakdown;
- special attention paid to natural environment within the immediate surroundings of the LNG terminal by reducing the emissions to water, soil and air and eliminating hazardous substances as well as implementing the efficient waste, water and energy management policies ;
- ensuring the required levels of security of information processed by the Company in compliance with legal, contractual and internal provisions and other requirements of stakeholders;
- identification and assessment of uncertain incidents which could affect the achievement of intended strategic objectives by the company;
- ensuring process Safety;
- continuous improvement of the management system’s efficiency.
The objectives listed above are accomplished through:
- annual evaluation of the Integrated Management System Policy and monitoring of the level of accomplishing the established objectives;
- prevention of workplace accidents, occupational diseases, and near-misses through ongoing monitoring of occupational health and safety activities and effective implementation of corrective and / or preventive actions;
- enhancing personnel competences and recognition of their role and involvement in environmental and occupational health and safety activities as well as information security in the Company;
- developing he technical and managerial competences of staff in consideration of the LNG terminal operation;
- cost and process optimization of company operations;
- compliance with applicable regulatory provisions and other non-legal requirements pertinent to the company;
- applying transparent rules of conduct described in the regulations, procedures and ICT-assisted guidelines;
- ensuring confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information processed by the Company in compliance with applicable law, contractual provisions and other requirements of company stakeholders;
- information risk management by means of information risk assessment and undertaking relevant mitigation activities aimed at reducing the identified risk;
- supporting the Management Board and employees in acquiring comprehensive information on risks arising in company’s operational activity and providing tools allowing for assessment and prioritization of the risks;
- initiating the process ensuring comprehensive approach to monitoring of opportunities and threats to the Company and facilitating the process of establishing optimum responses to identified opportunities and threats;
- supporting the business decision making process which contributes to maximizing the value of Polskie LNG S.A.;
- continued improvement of the Integrated Management System focused on improving its efficiency and the results achieved.
Polskie LNG S.A. Management Board hereby declares its full commitment to supporting the efforts aimed at maintaining and continued improvement of the Integrated management System efficiency, as well as confirms that the adopted Policy has been agreed, communicated and disseminated to all Company employees and it is also available to the public. Furthermore, the Management Board declares that all means necessary for implementation of the said Policy are ensured. The contents of the Policy is regularly analyzed and updated.